Re: [GENERAL] decimal_part() function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [GENERAL] decimal_part() function
Date
List pgsql-general
At 17:46 +0200 on 15/12/98, Sferacarta Software wrote:

> I'm looking for a function similar to dtrunc() to return the decimal
> part of a float.
>
> dtrunc(12.34) returns 12, I need something that returns 34

Here is a table having one float column named k. % is the truncation
operator (I suppose it's the same as dtrunc). so... k - %k gives you only
the fraction:

testing=> select k, %k, k - %k from test1;
    k|?column?|          ?column?
-----+--------+------------------
  1.8|       1|               0.8
 3.78|       3|              0.78
  0.4|       0|               0.4
  1.8|       1|               0.8
  0.4|       0|               0.4
 9.24|       9|              0.24
    6|       6|                 0
 9.24|       9|              0.24
  1.1|       1|               0.1
 -1.8|      -1|              -0.8
-10.2|     -10|-0.199999999999999
(11 rows)

If that's what you expect in the negative numbers, you're home free. If
not, you can use some other operator combination.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma